WHAT’S THE JOB, IN BRIEF?
The photographer will be responsible for producing high-quality informative media for fundraising for and promotion of Destiny Rescue. The position will include developing ideas for new videos, collaborating with the Media Director in scripting, storyboarding, shooting and editing the photos and videos. The photography element is all-encompassing, including graduation ceremonies, staff photos, photo shoots with beneficiaries, and photos of our projects to promote Destiny Rescue and our story.
WHAT DOES THE JOB INVOLVE?
- Creating content from start-to-finish through creative conception, scripting, storyboarding, capture and all post-production
- Collaborating with and working under the Media Director’s guidance
- Abiding by the organization’s Child Protection Policy
- Photographing all major Destiny Rescue events in Thailand
- Photographing jewelry items as requested by jewelry co-ordinator in the United States and Media Director
- Photographing beneficiaries for sponsorship promotion
- Photographing staff/volunteers as required
- Ensuring all videos are posted on the organization’s Vimeo and YouTube accounts
- Applicant must be proficient in shooting in various situations, locations, and lighting environments and be able to adapt accordingly
- Applicants will need to be proficient with an industry standard editing programme (i.e. Adobe Premiere Pro, Final Cut Pro)
- Applicant must be adaptable, flexible, able to take constructive feedback, work well with a team, give and receive creative direction, and communicate clearly with team members
WHERE IS THIS ROLE BASED?
You will be initially based in Chiang Rai, Thailand, but we have positions in each of our key Project Nations.
WHAT’S THE MINIMUM TIME COMMITMENT?
Due to the nature of our organization Destiny Rescue strongly encourages all volunteers to make a two-year commitment.
HOW MANY HOURS PER WEEK?
This role is full-time, working 40 hours/week